Preparing for the 2019 Cabo Ironman 70.3
Men and Women of Iron will descend on Cabo in November. That's right, the 2019 Ironman Cabo 70.3 begins November 1st. Are you planning on competing or are you just attending to enjoy the action? Either way, it's not too early to book a luxurious place to stay! Cabo's perfect weather, gorgeous Beachfront Villas, and stunning natural wonders make it a popular destination for tourists, Ironman aficionados, and triathletes alike.
We've rounded up answers to some of the most common questions about the Ironman Cabo 70.3 below.
This Half Ironman competition takes place from November 1st through the 3rd.
- Swimming kicks off the event and takes place in the tranquil waters off beautiful Palmilla Beach.
- The biking event takes place on a new, faster course surrounded by the spectacular scenery of the Sea of Cortez and the mountainous desert.
- Runners will enjoy the gently rolling course of the hotel zone in San José del Cabo, where hundreds of spectators will cheer them to the finish.
Note: Both the biking and running events will take place on roads entirely closed to traffic for the safety of participants and spectators.
- Racers must check-in and pick up their packets between noon and 6:00 PM on Friday, November 1st.
- The swimming rolling start begins at 7:20 AM on Sunday, November 3rd. Biking and running follow, with an official race cut-off time of 3:10 PM.
- The Awards Ceremony will take place from 6:00 until 7:30 PM Sunday evening. It will be followed by a closing party for Age Groupers & Tri Clubs starting at 8:00 PM.
- Race fees for an individual/age group are $325 until September 14th, when they increase to $350.
- Relay fees are $175 from now until registration closes.
- Spectator VIP passes are available for $44.33 (ages 13 & up) and $33.25 (children from 4 - 12 years old). These prices include the 10.84% Active fee. VIP passes allow you exclusive access to the comfortable, shaded VIP Finish Line Experience.
Note: All race fees are non-refundable and may not be transferred.
How to Prepare for an Ironman
Most people can't simply jump into an Ironman competition without proper training and preparation. That's why we've gathered information on how to have the best possible Half Ironman.
These tips will help you find success:
- Change to a healthier lifestyle and it will benefit you far beyond a single Ironman competition.
- Make a training plan that you feel comfortable with and then stick with it!
- Why did you decide to take on an Ironman race? Keep using that goal for inspiration.
- Pace yourself. November is still a few months away so you have plenty of time to train.
- Be kind and patient with yourself. Remember that you're probably your own harshest judge.
- Have fun! You're racing in beautiful Cabo so enjoy yourself!
Where to Stay
The allure of Cabo lingers long after any race. Relax and enjoy the many pleasures of Cabo when you stay at one of our luxurious turnkey rentals. Our Villa in Cabo San Lucas offer privacy and relaxation away from the crowds before, during, and after the race. Contact us to learn more about how we can make your Cabo experience extra memorable!