Lifestyle Villas Cabo Event Guide: Stars & Stripes 2019Are you attending the Stars & Stripes 2019 Cabo Fishing Tournament? This family-friendly charitable event features world-class fishing and golf, delicious food, and nightly entertainment.
Highlights of the event
There is a lot going on during the Stars & Stripes Tournament, so we wanted to give visitors a preview of the excitement.
What is it?
A combination fishing tournament, golf tournament, and music festival, the Stars & Stripes Tournament is a world-class charity fund-raiser which sells out each year. Attendees enjoy spectacular deep-sea fishing, golf on Cabos' magnificent courses, and a top-notch music festival. Add in Cabo's stunning locale, friendly people, and gorgeous accommodations, and it's a truly memorable event.
Dick Gebhard started the tournament in 1997 to raise money for Orange County's Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization. This year's tournament proceeds will benefit six children's charities (and two honorary charities) throughout Southern California and Mexico. So far, this spectacular event has donated more than $29 million to help children in need.
When does it take place?
Stars & Stripes Cabo 2019 takes place from June 27th - 30th.
Highlights of the schedule:
- Wednesday - VIP/Gold Team registration from 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday - Guest registration from 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Friday - Let the tournaments begin!
- Saturday - Presentation of the fishing & golf awards, followed by a concert on the beach by Bret Michaels
- Sunday - Serve on Sunday volunteer opportunity from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Team registration fees cover all costs of the tournaments, allowing the children's charities to benefit from the proceeds.
- Gold Team $25,000
- Half Gold Team $12,500
- Standard Team of Four: $14,500
- Standard Team of Two: $7,250
- Standard Individual $3,625
What to bring:
- Sunscreen and sun protective clothing are essential in sun-drenched Cabo!
- The Sea of Cortez features gorgeous coral reefs and a delightful array of sea life. You'll need your wetsuit, snorkel, goggles, and GoPro to enjoy it all.
- A waterproof case will keep your smartphone safe from the sand and waves.
- A sweater, light jacket, or another cover-up will banish any evening chill.
- Waterproof sandals will protect your feet from sandy beaches that have been baking under the blazing sun.
The Tournament is hugely popular, so you'll want to book transportation and accommodations as soon as possible.
Where to stay
Since the Stars & Stripes Tournament is so popular, hotels are usually very busy. If you would prefer a quieter and more peaceful stay, you may want to consider a turnkey private villa with concierge service. Contact Lifestyle Villas for more information about our delightfully luxurious private villas.