THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL TIP GUIDETraveling can be both exciting and overwhelming at the same time! From the planning and packing to the transportation and arrival at your destination, there’s a lot to think about. Today’s blog from the best vacation rental company in Los Cabos offers the ultimate list of travel tips. Happy Travels! Plan your Los Cabo trip with Lifestyle Villas and avoid booking prices on your Vacation Rentals Cabo.
- Purchase Travel Insurance – You never know when an emergency can happen, and it’s especially difficult when you’re in a different country. A medical emergency could easily wipe out your savings, so be sure to always buy travel insurance.
- Make Copies of Important Documents – Before heading out, make photocopies of your important documents such as your passport. Keep them in a separate bag from your passport, that way if you lose your passport you have a backup plan. Consider keeping digital copies with you as well.
- Alert Your Bank of Travel Plans – Before heading out on a trip, be sure to alert your bank and credit card company that you will be traveling. You don’t want them to block your card due to suspicious activity, and then you’re stuck without money.
- Pre-Plan Your Outfits – Packing is one of the most daunting tasks when it comes to traveling. By pre-planning your outfits, you’re able to avoid over-packing and/or forgetting an important piece.
- Learn Common Phrases – If you’re traveling to a country that has a different local language than you are used to, try to learn a few common phrases, such as hello, goodbye, please, thank you, and I’m sorry.
- Bring a First-Aid Kit – Accidents are bound to happen, especially when you’re traveling in an unfamiliar place. Bring bandaids, antibacterial cream and ointments for any cuts or scrapes. Also bring some Tylenol or other oral pain reliever.
- Get Good Shoes – You do a lot of walking when you’re traveling, so make sure you invest in some good walking shoes. You don’t want to be struggling with blisters while trying to enjoy your vacation.
- Take a Jacket – While many places, like Los Cabos, are rather warm, you should take a light jacket. Even the warm, tropical places can get chilly at night.
- Don’t Forget a Charger – Many people use their phones for everything these days, from keeping track of important information to asking for directions. Be sure to bring your charger, and you might even consider getting a battery pack to avoid having your phone die on you.
- Stay Hydrated – It’s easy to get wrapped up in the excitement of traveling. Make sure you stay hydrated, on the plane and throughout your vacation.
- Take an Empty Water Bottle – While you aren’t allowed to take water through security, you can bring an empty bottle to fill up at the gate. This will help you keep hydrated on the flight.
- Be Flexible – Flights get delayed, you get stuck in traffic, it’s just part of traveling. Plan for delays and be patient.
- Interact with the Locals – Instead of just hitting up all the touristy spots, ask the locals where to go. They can offer advice on the best restaurants, best shops to check out and best places to watch the sunset.
- Be Spontaneous – While it’s great to have a plan and create an itinerary, leave some room for spontaneity as well. Those unplanned moments can create the best memories.
- Separate Your Money Sources – Don’t keep all your cash and cards in the same spot. Hide some throughout your different bags. That way if your wallet or purse gets stolen or lost, you’ll still have money to get around.
- Wake Up Early – While it can be easy to want to sleep in while on vacation, try to wake up early and catch the sunrise. By going places earlier in the day, you can avoid the large crowds and catch the best photos.
- Slow Down – Don’t try to cram too much into a short trip. Take some time to just relax and enjoy being in another country. Take the time to explore, and spend more time in fewer places to maximize enjoyment.
- Don’t Eat Out Every Meal – Go grocery shopping while you’re on vacation. While you want to enjoy some of the local cuisine, you can eat some meals at home to save money and spend some time with family and friends.
- Take Plenty of Photos – Not only will you want to cherish these travel memories forever, but others will love to see your adventures as well. Check out some Cabo San Lucas Travel Videos.
- Wear Sunscreen – You spend a lot of extra time outside when you are traveling. Whether you’re on a beach or not, be sure to protect your skin by wearing sunscreen.
- Be Frugal – Be wise with your money. This doesn’t mean be cheap, you’re on vacation, so splurge a little. Just look for deals, and spend your time and money wisely.
Start planning your travels to the Baja Peninsula and book your stay in one of our luxury villa rentals in Los Cabos today! Our Lifestyle specialists are standing by to help you create the perfect travel itinerary, complete with some adventure and room for spontaneity. We’re here to make your Los Cabos vacation one to remember and cherish forever!
PLAN YOUR LOS CABOS TRIP TODAY